Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Best Way to Waste Time Today

Seems as though the people at MTV have finally come to their senses and realized that they have a treasure trove of great material on their hands. No, I'm not talking about the first two seasons of The Hills.

They're finally putting up the videos they have amassed over 25 years online on a new website, mtvmusic.com. I'm assuming that this is definitely a work in progress, since I can't find some of my favorite videos of all time, such as U2's "All I Want Is You," or lesser known bands from the 90's that did get a song or two played on MTV, like the Chicago greats Fig Dish.

I was at least able to find two of my favorite videos ever so far, Sigur Ros' "Glossoli," and Nine Inch Nails' "Wish." Not the best audio or video quality, but hey, at least it's out there. I'll be wasting plenty of time tracking down some old videos on here for sure.

2 comments:

Sistagirlmibelly said...

man, that is finally a good idea for mtv to post videos, since none of their channels actually SHOW videos anymore. haha

michschu said...

I think it's funny that most of them I have noticed so far are from the 80s and 90s.