Monday, October 20, 2008

Catching Up





Have a few minutes to breathe finally, so might as well post...

Pretty much finished with my mid-terms in my classes at this point. Finished my first project for the semester, it's a lovely, incredibly useful crystal radio. Basically, in theory, it's supposed to pick up AM radio signals, without the use of any AC or battery power at all. Sounds good in theory, doesn't seem to work out that way though. Oh well, my teacher gave me an A anyways.

It was a good but pretty busy 3 day weekend for us. We took off Friday to take Bella to go and see the Disney tour thing going on right now, since it has people "performing" 3 of Bella's favorite shows: Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Handy Manny. Sadly, I say "performing" because every single moment was pre-recorded, and the "actors" couldn't even perform any of their actual lines.

Okay, I get it that you wouldn't want the guy in the Pooh costume trying to read his lines, but come on, you can't have the people playing the Einsteins and Handy Manny actually saying their own lines? Sad. (Oh, and if Bella or someone else her age is reading this, I'm completely wrong, they really were talking and singing their own lines, ignore me!).

Bella helped me out with raking a bunch of the leaves in our front yard, that was pretty fun. She dove into the pile of leaves about 20 times, and was trying to use the rake and put leaves in the bags the rest of the time, so that was a lot of fun.

I even got to go and vote on Friday while Michele took a nap at home. Of course I say Michele was the only one taking a nap, seeing as Bella has decided she won't nap at home on the weekends anymore. What fun. But Bella did help me out with the voting, she was the most popular person at the polling place near us that day. She was very happy to cast her vote for our future president "Obamba" as she says it.

No comments: