Wednesday, May 14, 2008

College Fun


As you all are pretty much aware by now, I've been going back to college for the past year to work on getting an Associates degree in Engineering. It's been going well, I can't complain about that, especially since my company is helping to foot the bill.

Everything has been going smoothly, and we're less than a week away from the end of another semester. I'll be especially happy about the end of this semester, not because my classes were especially difficult or anything, but because we've had two bomb threats at my college.. IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS!

Yeah, sad, two bomb threats at a community college. I don't even know where to begin with that one. To the best of my knowledge, they were both bogus, I was never worried at all about it. I actually was oblivious to the first one, they had just started letting students into the buildings just minutes before I arrived for class. Last week's was a little more of a production, they were completing sweeping the area when I got there for my class, and there was a lone, sad, pathetic news chopper floating overhead hoping for some primo footage. Sorry pal, it was a dud, hope you got some great shots of me and three of my classmates hanging out in the parking lot.

In my first round of college, all the way back in ancient history to the years 1992-1996, the craziest news we would hear would be something about a student getting so drunk that they would nearly be dead or something to that effect. Or something more amusing, like the time one of the members of my friends' fraternity decided that it would be a good idea to go jogging at midnight, while running past one of the, umm, shadiest parts of the city. So much so that police officers found him jogging in the area and told him to get in the car.

Now, things like bomb threats are becoming commonplace. Oh well, no point in going on about it, since I can actually remember when I started driving, gas was just breaking the $1.00 per gallon mark. Now THOSE were ancient times.

No comments: