Monday, December 29, 2008

Bella's Adventures in Snowland











For those not in the Chicagoland area, feel comfortable in knowing that we got hammered with snow for a few weeks this month. We had probably 4 or 5 pretty good sized snow storms, probably totaling something like 12 or 15 inches of snow overall.

I'm being a cheap bastard and am refusing to get a snowblower, passing it off on the excuse that I need the exercise in getting myself close to a heart attack while shoveling 3 or 4 inches of snow at a time.

Of course this has been great news for Bella, she's had many chances to throw on her snow suit and ride her sled and throw lots of snowballs outside. We had enough snowfall that I was able to make a pretty good sized snow mountain for her to play on right in front of our house. I would guess it was probably 5 feet tall at its max.

Then, out of the blue starting on Friday, we had two days of 50+ degree weather, and all of the snow went bye-bye, leaving a giant water stream in our front yard. I'm pretty confident Bella will have another good foot of snow to play in soon enough, and for me to break my back shoveling.

And yes, we're working on getting Bella to learn how to shovel. Gotta love child labor.

No comments: